XSockets is such a product. In this post I have build two map clients, one in web and one on WPF. Both map clients are built on top of Bing Maps. The scenario is we have a fleet with n number of vehicles that should be able to see each other in real time.
- To do that I emulate the vehicles and its positions in route files.
- The server reads the route files and send each vehicles location to the subscribers
- The client gets the position and updates the location of the map
- Targeting clients based on state with lambda expressions
- Quality Of Service
- Retained messages
- Auto-reconnect in combination with QoS and Retained messages (important for mobile clients)